Does Your Health Insurance Cover Hearing Aids?
Purchasing hearing aids is a significant investment, and financing them can be a challenge for many of our patients.
However, because hearing aids play such an important role in transforming your life and restoring the active, independent lifestyle you’re used to, we don’t want to see anyone who might reap great rewards from hearing aids to be left out because they live on a fixed income or simply can’t afford them.
When it comes to health insurance coverage, things can get confusing. Each insurance company offers different packages with or without added riders, and there are specific rules, coverage limitations, and deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses before they pay for any benefits.
Navigating through the fine print can be time-consuming, frustrating, and discouraging, which is why the Utah Ear Institute team includes an insurance specialist to help you.
What You Need to Know About Insurance Coverage for Your Hearing Aids
1. Does my insurance plan help pay for hearing aids?
2. If so, how much help can I expect to receive?
3. Are there deductibles and/or out-of-pocket limits I have to pay before receiving any benefits; how much are they?
4. How often does my coverage renew in order to cover the cost of upgrading my hearing aids?
5. Am I restricted to specific “in-network” practices or providers, or can I see the audiologist of my choice?
6. Will my preferred clinic or audiologist accept my insurance?
7. Does my insurance coverage include a diagnostic hearing evaluation and other hearing care expenses?
8. Is a referral from my primary care physician required in order to be covered?
9. Am I restricted to certain hearing aid brands or styles, or can I choose the ones I like best?
Finding the answers to these questions is time-consuming and frustrating for someone who is not used to reading the small print or well acquainted with insurance jargon. That’s why our insurance specialist is available to help our patients and potential patients find the answers.
Let Us Help You Get the Insurance Benefits You’re Entitled To
Rather than doing the time-consuming and frustrating work of sorting out your insurance coverage, let our insurance specialist do the heavy lifting. Our expert knows the ins and outs related to insurance coverage for hearing aids and hearing care.
We can help ensure that you receive all the insurance benefits you’re entitled to from your policy, because we work with and are in network with major insurance companies throughout Utah, like:
Ask Us to Check Your Coverage
If hearing aids could be the best solution to address your hearing challenges but you’re unsure if your health insurance would cover the related costs, don’t let your confusion and frustration prevent you from getting the help you need from our audiologists at Utah Ear Institute.
Contact our insurance specialist using the adjacent form. We’ll check your coverage, contact you with what we find out, and guide you through the process of getting the hearing care you need.
"*" indicates required fields